I’ve taken to using this word a lot, to describe the last coupla’ days. Bisperas ng Election Period. It helps to express the sense of urgency permeating the office as January 14 draws closer.
It also helps get me out of wombats (WOMBATs, aside from being little furry creatures, are activities that are a Waste Of Money, Brains, And Time), like … well, I’d better not say.
Anyway, it is true. We are at the eve of the election period, and the first major event is the filing of certificates of candidacy. The appropriate forms are available at COMELEC offices and downloadable from the COMELEC website. It’ll be available on the EID network soon too.
And FYI, by January 14, the actual start of the election period, the Gun Ban kicks in, and the following acts will be prohibited:
- Alteraton of territory of a precinct, or the establishment of a new one;
- Suspension of elective local officials;
- Transfer of officers and employees in the Civil Service
- Organization or maintenance of reaction forces, strike forces, or other similar forces (think private armies); and
- The use of security personnel or bodyguards by candidates, whther or not such bodyguards are regular members of the AFP or PNP or other law enforcement agency.
Got that? So now, achtung, baby.